The purpose of the women’s ministry of Hardin Valley Church of Christ is to encourage the women of the church to become more like Christ through sound Bible teaching, service and connection. Our ladies are involved with:
- Two Bible classes (one on Tuesday mornings and one on Tuesday evenings),
- Outreach through Hardin Valley Schools such as backpacks and school supplies, clothing and baskets at Thanksgiving, Christmas gifts and baskets (45 families in 2011 with over 100 gifts), and a summer food assistance program,
- Food and visitation ministries,
- Outreach during bereavement,
- Showers for weddings and babies,
- A women’s retreat in the spring,
- Mentoring for the teen girls,
- A mid-year coffee and dessert party to encourage newcomers to join the work.
- Parents Night Out for young families.
Other opportunities are offered to us as needs arise such as helping with the Easter egg hunt and other Hardin Valley ministries. New ideas are always coming up – come join us as our ladies make an impact for the Lord in our community. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.