The Hardin Valley Church is a Christ-centered body of believers seeking to become more like Jesus. We have an expressed desire to be a church that faithfully embodies all that our Savior wants in his church, a family of Christians:
- Loving, caring for, edifying, and encouraging one another;
- Glorifying God through good works in the community;
- Proclaiming the Good News;
- Teaching and making disciples through local and foreign missions; and
- Focusing on the spiritual development of our youth.
This desire is reflected in our mission, vision, values, and goals:
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Through prayer, faith and action, we demonstrate Christ to one another, our community and the world, bringing souls to salvation and maturity in Christ to the glory of God.
The Hardin Valley Church of Christ desires to be a church that faithfully embodies what our Savior wants in His church by bringing glory and honor to Him in all that we do. We seek to be a family of Christians who loves, cares for, edifies, and encourages one another. We desire to glorify God by working in the community, proclaiming the Good News, and making disciples. We seek God by being a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled, and grace-motivated family dedicated to helping believers become spiritually mature in Christ.
The Hardin Valley Church of Christ desires to equip Christ-followers and Christian leaders for generations to come through an intentional focus on prayer, the study of scripture, and the spiritual development of each individual’s faith. The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ form the core of our belief, our mission and our message. We are a New Testament church using the Bible as our only guide of faith and practice, desiring to be one with all Christians.
We value the wonder and power of life-changing prayer and the importance of congregational worship that encourages, instructs, and blesses the worshipers while praising and honoring God. We also value the differences among us and are committed to patiently cooperating with one another in love and understanding, recognizing each other’s freedom in Christ.
We value the separate and distinct spiritual gifts that we use for the benefit of Christ’s church and mutual edification of its members. We value Christ-centered families and individuals, as well as the dynamic contributions of our youth and the wisdom of age. We also recognize our responsibilities for caring and assisting those in need.
- Glorify God through Jesus Christ by teaching the gospel, strengthening and equipping each other for worship and ministry, prayerfully serving and teaching the truth in love throughout our community and the world.
- Develop a culture of deep and abiding faith in God’s wisdom and power by constantly promoting prayer and the study of God’s word throughout our member’s lives, our services and our activities.
- Provide a spiritual environment that encourages bringing individuals and families to salvation and causes them to remain in Christ.
- Promote harmony and unity in Christ in everything we do without regard for disputable differences.
- Actively involve every member by developing and maintaining a functional structure that utilizes their individual spiritual gifts and talents.
- Maintain an intentional focus on the spiritual development of our youth such that they will remain strong in faith when they leave us and serve as leaders in the church with an impact that lasts for generations to come.
- Maintain a strong focus on local and foreign mission opportunities through both financial support and member involvement.
- Identify and develop outreach opportunities within the Hardin Valley community utilizing our members’ talents, our financial resources and our facilities.